Wednesday, October 15, 2008

We Almost Lost a Son

As you can tell by the title, there was some very serious action going on at our house last night. Just so you know - it wasn't a person son, but a dog son. Anyway, it was all Hank last night (my mom feels like he's treated like a step son anyway by Adam, and last night he proved her right). A cold front rolled into Lubbock the last couple of days, and as is the tradition around our house Hank got a new sweater. I can't really tell if he loves his sweaters, or if he just puts up with it to appease me. A couple of years ago Spud ate Hank's swaeter off of him - but that's another story entirely. Back to the original purpose of this, Adam and I were enjoying a few episodes of DVRd TV that we needed to catch up on from last week's vacation. I was dozing and just enjoying being at home and warm when Adam jumps up screaming at the dog. I was still half asleep and it scared me half to death. Well, Adam had also been dozing when he heard something sounding like rain in our house... Hank had come into the living room and peed on the carpet RIGHT IN FRONT OF US!!! Adam was APPALLED that Hank would dare pee in the house, much less right in front of us! Needless to say, Hank nearly died, and then nearly got taken to the pound, or someone elses loving home (whichever came first). I will admit, I was pretty mad myself. I mean why would a grown up dog do this? Was he punishing me for putting a sweater on him? I don't know! Anyway... Hank got to stay outside in the cold for a good long while - with his sweater on. When we went to bed he was just standing at the door with his sad eyes looking at me. It made me melt, so he got to come in... I doubt he'll pee on the floor again.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

AWWWWW poor Hank, and btw I LOVE the story about Spud eating Hank's sweater.

My thought on why Hank walked up and peed? He is MAD that you guys left for vacation... Big has done that 1 time before- when dogs do 'it' in front of you it is a CRY for attention. Atleast in my opinion. :) MISS YOU

Denae said...

Oh man, the sweater theory is funny!

staci Godwin said...

O, I'm pretty sure he is upset that it has been OVER a YEAR since he has seen his amazing aunt, and is anxious for her to get home so she can drive him around town, and take him to get his picture taken with Santa:)! hug him and tell him I'm coming home!

Ashley said...

UPDATE! UPDATE!